During my week 4 class of CIU111, I learned from my lecturer about the interview techniques and the importance of being interviewed when pursuing a career or a job. I also learned that there can be unexpected situations that I must identify and be prepared when being interviewed by my potential employer. I have been given new ideas and perspective of what would a real interview be like.
First part when being interviewed is having an interview through a phone call. Sure, there will be those obvious questions regarding your experience or why your employer should hire you, but I also realized that it is good to make the interview as informal as possible so that the interview between the employer and the job seeker will be natural. I also learned that it is good to ask during the interview because it shows that you are interested in working for the company. In fact, Michael Roberts said in his article that, “Your questions tell the hiring manager that you have considered the position to the extent that you have exhausted the resources that you can find” (Roberts, 2017).
(“Cat GIF – Find & Share on GIPHY”, n.d.)
It is also good to show your enthusiasm and knowledge for the job or role that you wish to partake in during your interview because it will attract your employer into thinking that you will love your job and get the work done. As it says, “Show motivation and convince a recruiter that you fit the organization’s culture and job description, and you get that much closer to an offer” (“Preparing for Interviews | Career Services”, n.d.).
(“25 GIFs That Perfectly Express How Excited We Are for Spring Read more”, 2014)
I recently learned that when applying for a job, there will always be sneaky questions that will test your personality. For example: If you were a part of a sandwich, what would you be and why? This will help me in testing myself on how I can be able to handle unexpected situations or scenarios; thus, showing which position I can be in the creative media industry. One would say that, “Whatever your line of work, there will be times when you will need to be able to communicate difficult information effectively to others. This is an important employability skill, something that many employers will look for” (“Communication in Difficult Situations | SkillsYouNeed”, n.d.).
· 25 GIFs That Perfectly Express How Excited We Are for Spring Read more. (2014). Scstylecaster.files.wordpress.com. Retrieved 11 April 2017, from https://scstylecaster.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/ron-swanson-is-excited.gif?w=500&h=282
· Cat GIF – Find & Share on GIPHY. GIPHY. Retrieved 11 April 2017, from https://media.giphy.com/media/7BKGC1PAkhhdu/giphy.gif
· Communication in Difficult Situations | SkillsYouNeed. Skillsyouneed.com. Retrieved 11 April 2017, from https://www.skillsyouneed.com/ips/communication-difficult-situations.html
· Preparing for Interviews | Career Services. Careerservices.princeton.edu. Retrieved 9 April 2017, from https://careerservices.princeton.edu/undergraduate-students/interviews-offers/preparing-interviews
· Roberts, M. (2017). 4 Reasons to Ask Questions in a Job Interview. The Balance. Retrieved 11 April 2017, from https://www.thebalance.com/why-you-should-ask-questions-in-a-job-interview-1669548