Last week, my team and I worked on adding variations to our props. When we got them approved, we started on unwrapping our props along with some variations. Before I unwrap my props, I make sure to reset Xform on each of my props. I unwrapped my props by using the pelt tool. The pelt tool helps me draw and select edges that I want to split and unwrap. I pelt the edges on a certain side that people would not notice.
After unwrapping my parts, I helped one of my team members add extra details to our shrine model such as the roof platform and its roof tiles. I first added a lot of edges around the shrine. Next, I selected on all the faces on top of the roof and inset to create an inside face layer. I select all the inside face and moved them up to create a shell pattern. Now at least the Shrine is a bit more detailed. I unwrapped the shrine by using the pelt tool, relax the unwrap, and organize the unwraps in the rendered box.
I also helped add more details to our cabin model that was made also by my other teammate. At first, we thought the cabin was good enough since we must keep every model low poly as possible, but my lecturer told me that it looks like a toy. So, I deliberately took the task to add more details to the cabin. I added a lot of horizontal edges around the wall, inset each face, and pulled them out to have a wood plank shaped pattern. I did the same for the roof but vertically tilted the planks. I then made a roof rim on the sides and extrude them up. As for everything else, I made and clamped a few rectangles together to cover the windows. Then I made a door with an extruded handle. After I finished modelling, I unwrapped the cabin with the pelt tool and pelted each feature of its own such as the handle and the extra wooden planks. I relax the unwraps, fixed them and organized them accordingly to fit in the box.